Sunday, May 10, 2015

A weekend trip and storm damage.

Family Cookout
 
This weekend Needles and I headed to Kentucky to visit my parents for Mother's Day weekend. I left work an hour early and we headed South making it through Henderson before all the rush hour traffic. We ate way too much and visited late into the night before retiring to bed. The next morning we went looking for labels at the local Wal-Mart for Needles soap but came up empty. For lunch we ended up at the local Chinese restaurant and again ate too much. Sense a trend there? That night we had a cook out and had hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire. At about dark the guests headed home. Shortly after going in for the evening I got a call from my brother. We apparently had some severe weather damage at home. Our house lucked out but there were several house around that had large trees down and power outages. We ended up with one shingle blown off and a mangled T.V. antenna. I feel we dodged a bullet.

Wind damaged antenna.

No comments: